List of information that is helpful to have at your consultation:
1. Hopefully by now you have decided on your dress and the bridesmaid dresses. If you have a sample of the material it would be helpful to see the true color you have chosen. If the material is not available, you can go to your local paint store and go through the color charts and pick out cards with the colors you have chosen. This idea is perfect for picking out other items for the wedding too. It is important for the flower arranger to know the color of your bridesmaid dress since there are many shades of pink for example. You may pick out a flower that looks pink but against your dress may appear orange.
2. Even if you have not decided on all the types of flowers you plan to use, it is good to have an idea of what the main flower will be. The other flowers can be added to accent the main flower.
3. Any pictures you can collect and bring to the meeting would be helpful. This not only helps the consultant understand what you are describing, it also lets the consultant see your personality which will help in assisting you in picking designs. As you are flipping through magazines and see something that catches your eye, mark it. Once you gather these pictures you may be surprised at the same elements that attracted you to each.
4. It is preferred to meet at the place of the ceremony. If this is not possible, a sketch or picture of the location would be helpful. This will allow me to visualize what you are suggesting, therefore; determine the size of the arrangements.
5. Do you know how many food tables you plan to have, and of these tables how many will have arrangements. Other areas to consider: front door of church, the front entrance, reception room, restrooms, stairs, etc.
6. It is good to have an idea of your budget. I will do all I can to help you stay within it.
Thank you and I look forward to sitting down and helping you plan one of the most important and memorable days of your life.
Created with you in mind